The Maltese educational system tends to drill students into focusing too much in passing exams rather than equipping students with tools and skills which are fundamental in the world of work as well as in every day life. 21 Academy believes that it is important that youths get exposed and learn more about what is necessary for their working life as well as their social life. In view of this a course has been created to fill this gap – Tools & Skills Course 4 Youths.
Who should attend ?
The course is aimed at all youths who are 16 years old and upwards including those who are attending 6th form, those who are studying at any educational establishment including MCAST and UoM, those who have a gap year and are working on their A’ levels to keep furthering their studies as well as those who may have decided to venture out into the world of work.
What shall this course cover?
- Social Media – the pros and cons
- The impact of Climate Change
- Artificial Intelligence – a threat or a blessing?
- Staying Groomed
- Nutrition – you are what you eat
- Data Privacy – Your Digital Footprint
- Mental Health
- How to communicate effectively
- An Entrepreneur’s Experience
- Understanding employment rights
- Managing your money
- Public Speaking
- Overview of the EU Institutions
- How to be Assertive
- Basics of Sign Language
- Writing your CV
- Handling a Job Interview
- Current Affairs and Fake News
- An introduction to Blockchain
A visit to a cultural place in Malta – to be organised separately throughout the course.
What is the length of the course?
This course aims to cover various tools and skills through a 20 week programme of 1 lecture a week which will be held between 5.30 p.m. and 7.30 p.m. The course will commence in October 2019. Students of this course are expected to attend at least 16 lectures to be awarded a Certificate of Attendance.