Andrè started his studies in Health & Safety in the field of fire safety by perusing qualifications with the Institution of Fire Engineers. He continued to broaden his field of studies in General Health & Safety by undertaking a NEBOSH General Certificate in H&S and later a Diploma in Health and Safety at the University of Malta.
While continuing to work in H&S, Andrè continued to study in the UK and obtained the qualifications of BEng (Hons) Fire Engineering, and MSc (Fire Safety Engineering) from the University of Central Lancashire.
He works with a leading risk management consultancy company in Malta where his roles include:
- carrying out risk assessments at clients premises,
- conducting training in topics such as:
- working at height,
- working in confined space,
- fire safety,
- manual handling and prevention of back injuries, and
- office ergonomics and general H&S in the workplace.