Drugs and alcohol at the workplace, or before getting to the workplace, may cause expensive issues for employers, such as, absenteeism, lost productivity and injuries.
Other reported issues include;
- Poor decision making
- Tardiness/sleeping on the job
- Loss of efficiency
- Decreased morale of co-workers
- Bad temperament
- Lack of attention and concentration
- Higher employee turnover
- Disciplinary procedures
There are contributing factors which may contribute to alcohol and drug misuse before and during working hours, these include;
- Workplace culture and acceptance of misuse of substances
- Workplace alienation
- Drugs and alcohol availability
- The absence or lack of enforcement of workplace substance abuse policies.
During this 60 minute webinar, OASI Foundation’s CEO, Mr Noel Xerri, will be going through best practices to identify substance abuse at the workplace. Participants will also be informed on how to best handle suspected or confirmed abuses.
Dr Roselyn Borg will also give an overview of what a workplace substance abuse policy should cover and how this should be continuously updated and kept in line with the legislation.