The company director role is one which is vital to the existence of most corporate entities and carries many duties and responsibilities that are imposed by corporate governance rules and legislation. The legal responsibilities imposed by law on the role are constantly evolving depending on the exigencies of modern business models, and staying up to date with all of these developments while still trying to carry out and keep up with your day-to-day work can be a significant challenge.
This hands-on and wide-ranging course will help you understand everything you need to know about your role and the risks that come with it. Lectures shall mainly cover the following:
- general duties and responsibilities
- statutory duties and fiduciary & mandatory responsibilities
- special provisions regarding listed entities
- individual and corporate directors
- types of directors
- appointment, eligibility, term and disqualification
- the board of directors – composition, roles and responsibilities
- removal and vacation of office
- role and responsibilities during insolvency
- liability and indemnification
The course will help you gain an understanding of the role, duties and legal
Who should attend?
Newly appointed directors, established directors seeking a refresher and an update on the latest legal matters, anyone aiming to become a director and company secretaries who want an insight on this role.